Similar to my love for HGTV, I also love The Food Network, especially Barefoot Contessa. While her show is great (I SO want to visit Martha's Vineyard!)...I especially love her recipes and have several of her cookbooks. My husband and I have tried dozens of her recipes and are rarely disappointed. She believes in simple directions and high quality ingredients, which makes it fun and easy to replicate her recipes.
So last night, we decided to try her tuna tartare. I've recently started to really enjoy tuna and we have a great specialty market in town, Overland Meat, that flies in fresh tuna every Friday! We were really impressed with the quality and I think that makes a huge difference in the end result.
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa Family Style:
- 3/4 pound very fresh tuna steak
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño peppers, seeds removed
- 1 ripe Hass avocado (we only used half)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
We love the flavor of the sauce and will definitely make these as an appetizer for company.
Hope you enjoy! Bon Appetit!
linked to: Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop