If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you will know that I love to inform and promote my readers about tried and true baby products (check out my baby gear guide HERE). The HALO sleepsack is a favorite around here--particularly with our brisk mountain climate. I have used the swaddle and sleepsack with both boys and have never looked back. Wyatt sleeps warmly and soundly through the night, and really, as a parent, can you ask for anything more?
Happy baby, right?
Disclaimer: It is not advised to have your baby sleep with anything other than his or her sleepsack, so please don't use the above question as a guideline, other than, I mean...look how cute he is! ;)
Here are some additional safety sleeping tips:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at nap time and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first. In fact, over 1,300 hospitals use HALO® SleepSack® wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. The HALO family of products, including HALO SleepSacks and SleepSack Swaddles, SwaddeSure and the best-selling HALO BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
As the weather starts to cool down, I know our little guy will be nice and cozy in is sleep sack. And the best part about this post? You have a chance to win your own swaddle or sleepsack. Enter below and the winner will be announced next Friday!
Thank you and good luck!