Child proofing the home has come a LONG way since we were all babies. Long ago are the days of zip-tied cabinet doors, foam furniture corners, and unsightly bathtub precautions. In fact, child proofing can be fun and dare I say...stylish too!
But before I dive into the fun part, it's important that all moms review the Consumer Product Safety Commission's guidelines on baby proofing your home. Also, sites like Scary Mommy and Parents.com have some great insight into getting the job done right.
Ok! So here are my favorite tips for stylishly child proofing your home...
1. Making bath time safe has never been more stylish thanks to bright and colorful bath grips and a whale spout to cover the water spout!
2. Use hidden magnetic cabinet door locks...this is a miracle for cabinets!
3. Forget baby proofing corners....opt for a soft & cushiony ottoman instead!
4. Cover the electrical outlets...with automatic safety covers.
5. And last but not least...baby gates! There are so many attractive options that will fit seamlessly into your home, like wood-tones and build-in options. Definitely check out the options because...
You all have a chance to win a $50 gift card, which is just about the cost of a new baby gate!
Enter to win below and good luck!
Also be sure to check out more of my baby gear recommendations here!
This giveaway is a partnership with Nakturnal, with a prize of a gift certificate though all opinions expressed are my own!